The Road To Kilimanjaro

My progress in training for a trek for Marie Curie Cancer Care

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Time Flies When You're Not Paying Attention

So, if you're reading this you may have noticed a certain lack in consistency. However if you are reading this then I'm surprised as the only comments I've had have been from some kind of automatic commenting thing that offers me the chance to earn huge amounts of money by doing nothing.

Anyway, my usual excuses of work and life and training have diverted me from updating this as I had planned. I might finish my bus stories at some point. It was nice doing stories which intertwined though possibly more time and the ability to edit them all together might help.

But this is supposed to be about my training and stuff so here we go:

Today I bought my boots for walking. They're quite comfortable so far, but I've not walked too far in them. They do make me feel a little Herman Munsterish however. Wearing the boots is one of the I've felt particularly tall. Of course I am actually tall (6 foot 4ish) but being a day to day height I'm used to it, adding an inch or two to my feet has made me feel somewhat towering. I feel sorry for anyone short trekking with me as I expect they'll have enough with the mountain looming over them without me adding to it.

I had an interview with the North Wales Weekly News, strangely by someone who knew my dad and her daughter was friends with my sister. Spooky.
Anyway I should be in this week's issue, if you've followed the link in the paper then, hello!

As for training, it continues, I have started carrying some of the weight I'll have with me on the trek on my walks to work. Strangely 4 litres of water didn't slow me down at all. Which is a good sign.
Tomorrow we resume football again after the Christmas hiatus. I will be wearing my trainers for the football despite the obvious advantages in tackling my new boots would have...

If anything else exciting crosses my mind I'll pop it on here. Well hopefully anyway.

Oh and it's my birthday on Monday (15th) I will be the ripe old age of 28 which is 4x7, though I doubt that has any particular significance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home